Wednesday, March 14, 2012

An Interesting Life

Many people I meet hear that my husband is a sports radio reporter/producer/freelancer and think that must be the most amazing, fun job in the world. He has a great thing going for him. He loves sports and is working in a field he loves. He is "living the dream" as a friend of his likes to say.

For me, as the spouse, it is an interesting life as well. It's difficult to plan things ahead on a regular basis. We even planned our wedding around baseball. When people ask when he is going to be around, I ask them to refer to the Tigers, Lions, Wings, Pistons, Michigan, etc. schedules. We don't have a regular dinnertime every night like when I was growing up.  However, you get used to it.

I actually embrace the time I get alone. I get the house to myself. It's quiet. I can watch a game. I can read a book. I can pile the dog in the car and go to one of my favorite parks. I write. I sew. I scrapbook. I volunteer. I love sports!

Yes, I said it! I love sports. Okay, maybe not to the degree of reckless abandon of which my husband and many of his close friends embrace. However, I love them! In there lies the conundrum. I would love to go to more games. I just don't have many girlfriends who enjoy sports. I don't get in to go for free, and I rarely get to sit with my husband.

His first love is baseball. I love football and NASCAR. I said it. I love NASCAR! I love basketball and hockey as well. Basketball has a special place in my heart because I used to play basketball. Frankly, anything mentioned on ESPN's Sports Center will grab my attention for awhile.

I am a Packers fan. My husband is a Lions fan. I am a Wisconsin fan and my husband is a State fan.

I look forward to adding more about my life and my love of sports in the weeks and months to come. I know this weekend I will have something to say about NCAA March Madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment